Event: Imperium 2015, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
Competition: Biz Czar Case Study: University of Phoenix
Targeting the expanding online education market, University of Phoenix was trying to expand and meet its growth targets. It was set up as a for profit educational establishment However, with rising competition and entry of traditional education institutes into the online segment, UOP had significant challenges ahead.
The main points of the case study are given below:
1. The University was trying to expand its business and profitability.
2. They were facing stiff competition, rising costs and brand dilution issues.
We presented the following solutions to the case
1. Improving the company’s internal Culture
2. Bringing in cost management techniques to stabilize ever increasing costs required for expansion.
3. Rapid need identification and accurate market study to identify future trends and educational requirements
4. Improve brand importance using corporate tie ups
5. Targeting high school students using interactive packages
6. Supplementary programs enhancing their current studies
7. Providing employability enhancing modules to college students
8. Providing Customization, Gamification, and M-learning initiatives for wider appeal.
Ajinkya Shinde, Prachi Srivastava
Event: Barcode – Ziggurat 2015, Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Khadki
Competition: Interpreters - HR Case Study: NDH Ltd.
NDH Ltd. was trying to expand its business.They were unable to find enough talent on the basis of their strict recruitment criteria.We presented multiple solutions to the problem which included the following points:
1. Marketing the company
2. Outsourcing the hiring
3. Internal Hiring and Promotion
A further complication was presented, which pointed out a disparity between new and old workers.
Our solution to solve this problem was to link rewards with performance, provide creative incentives and perform group activities.
Team NIBM: L-R : Chandrachur Roy, Naman Jain, Ajinkya Shinde, Abhilash U
Winners: Ajinkya Shinde and Naman Jain
2nd Runners Up: Abhilash U and Chandrachur Roy
N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
Competition : Mulyankan 2015
The Team got second prize in Mulyankan 2015, a national level B- school competition, which witnessed participation from 50 top B- schools from all over India.
About the event:
The topic for the competition was "Consolidation in Indian Banking Industry - The Merger & Acquisition way".
As per the rules of the event, we’ve consider ourselves as the head of a Public/Private sector bank which is looking for inorganic growth. We have to analyze and identify a target for the merger and calculate the benefits and synergy arising out of the merger. Among the 50+ entries received, six teams got selected for the final round conducted on October1, 2015.
The teams from KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies And Research, National Institute of Bank Management, Pune, N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education, IIM Indore and T. A. Pai Management Institute participated in the final round.
The final participants gave their presentation to esteemed jury members from Banking & Financial Sector;
• Mr. K. R. Bakshi, Former ED, Bank of Baroda,
• Mr. H. S. Sharma - GM, BOB,
• Mr. Tushar Buch, Sr.VP - SBI Global Factor Ltd.,
• Mr. Vipul Choksi, Sr. Partner, Gupta Shah & Co. Chartered Accountants.
The judgment was based on our Analysis of Banking Industry, Selection of acquiring bank and target bank, Merger process/Deal structure and other issues, Valuation of synergy/Benefits for merger and Presentation skills.
Team NIBM: Gautham Senkathir Selvan & Swapnil Shende