With its unique collection of more than 69000+ Books and 140+ reputed international and national Journals ( with 14800 + bound volumes) in various disciplines, NIBM Library is the centre of attraction for academics, researchers and the banking fraternity across the country. Though the library has been built up mainly to cater to the needs of the banking and financial sector, it is well equipped in subjects like Economics, General Management, Leadership, Behavioural Sciences, Quantitative Methods, Sociology, Agriculture, Rural Development, Microfinance etc. Apart from receiving important publications of various Indian Government agencies, NIBM library receives publications of international institutions like International Monetary Fund, World Bank and Central Banks of various countries, newsletters, house journals, economic bulletins issued by various Indian banks also. The library has a substantial collection of CD-ROMs, VCDs, audio tapes. The Library also subscribes to various 14 databases having full text journals and also various statistical databases etc. NIBM Library is member of National Digital Library.
Separate Library Rule Book is given to every student. It is expected that students should read all the rules and regulations and if any doubt may be cleared with library staff. In the beginning of academic year, library orientation session is arranged for students to get them acquainted with library services.
- Students are entitled to use library during library hours.
- Keep your belongings on the shelves opposite to the counter.
- Incase Personal books / already issued books from library are carried inside the library for study purpose then it should be disclosed at the counter by submitting the form with necessary details and the library staff member will check the books during entry and exit time.
- Entry in the register at the counter is compulsory both at entry and exit time.
- Please maintain silence in the library.
- Eatables / drinks are not allowed inside the library. A penalty of Rs.500/- will be charged if found carrying eatables/drinks in the library.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around library premises.
- Use of mobile phone in and around library premises is strictly prohibited
- Formal dress code is compulsory in the library.
- Please follow all Library Rules and co-operate with library staff.
||REFERENCE TIMING||CIRCULATION TIMING|
|Monday – Friday||9.00 am to 8.30 pm||9.00 am to 6.30 pm|
||7.30 pm – 8.15 pm*|
|Saturday||9.00 am to 5.30 pm||9.00 am to 4.00 pm|
|Overnight Borrowing*||4.30 pm – 5.15 p*|
|Sunday & Holidays||9.00 am to 5.30 pm||No issue/return transactions of books except study room copies and return of books taken for Overnight borrowing on earlier day, if any.|
|* - (To be returned on next day by 2.00 p.m. – If fail, Rs. 20 will be charged per book per day)|
Note: No transactions of books for PGDM Students on Sundays and Holidays
(Lunch break for library staff from 1.30 to 2.00 p.m. on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays.)
The library is open on all days except three national holidays viz. January 26, August 15, and October 2 and festive holidays like Holi, Gudi Padwa, International Labour Day, Ganesh Chaturthi, Dussehra and Diwali.
1. Web OPAC: The entire Library collection including books, journals, etc. can be searched through the web enabled Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). Users can access the OPAC to find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own computer terminals.
2. Inter Library Loan/Resource Sharing: Library has co-operative arrangements with other major libraries to get documents, which are not available in the NIBM Library. Faculty and researchers can avail this facility.
3. Information Services: Library provides specific information services such as alert on upcoming conferences, news alerts, resource alerts, new arrivals, CAS, SDI, etc. to users.
4. Reference and Research Services: Library staff support the faculty and researchers in various ways like conducting extensive literature surveys, preparation of subject bibliographies on any given topic, reading lists, database searches, etc.
5. Photocopying: Photocopying facility is available on payment basis. However, photocopying of library materials should be done strictly according to the copyright regulations and as per library policy (other than books and copyrighted materials). Library will not be responsible for any copyright violations. Whenever in doubt, one should consult the library staff for clarifications.
6. Training: Library arrange training for online databases subscribed by library and also organize library orientation session for new users
7. Digital Library: The digital library is being created for internal users.
8. Banker’s Brief: The library renders a useful service to the top management of the banking industry through the publication of Bankers' Brief. It is a weekly service that provides an access to the information relating to the latest socio-economic developments which are very relevant to the banking industry.
- Individual : Rs.375/-
- Institutional : Rs.500/-
1. Reading room: Library has specious reading room at ground floor.
2. Multimedia machines: Four machines in the library are kept for watching VCD / DVD collection and for accessing the online databases subscribed.
3. Wi-Fi Connectivity: Library is Wi-Fi connected which helps internal users to use their laptops for database searching, internet searching in the library.
Training programs are conducted for new students for the databases.
Sr No Databases / Packages subscribed in 2020
- Ace Equity
- CMIE Prowess IQ
- CMIE Economic Outlook (IP) database
- EBSCO E-Book Collection
- EPWRF database
- IMF eLibrary
- J-Gate Social & Humanities database
- National Digital Library (NDL)
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Complete
- Thomson Reuters EIKON Including Datastream (Data terminals)
“The only thing that you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” ― Albert Einstein
For any query, please contact:
Mrs Bhakti Gole
National Institute of Bank Management
NIBM Post Office
Tel (EPABX) : 020-26716000
Tel (Library) : 020-26716306 (Direct) / 26716302 (Library Counter)